08/30/2017 at 9:58 PM #3256
I just watched the available videos and read the manual and I am still slightly confused withe the stimulation parameters gui. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a few clarifications.
I understand there are a right and left hemispheric leads and the “K” represent the various contacts. My questions are:
– What are the “sources”? Are the 4 sources each associated with a contact? If I enter a voltage in 2 of the sources, does it simulate including both voltage? even though 100% is entered beside one of the contact?
– In the video, it is mentioned to double click on the “k” to make a bipolar field, but on my version here, the cathode remains the case. Is the procedure different in this version?
Thank you!08/31/2017 at 4:21 PM #3260andreashornKeymaster
we were planning to release our new VTA model (that allows bipolar settings) much sooner but it hasn’t been released so far. It should be a matter of weeks now. The currently available models (Mädler / Kuncel) only allow monopolar simulations (also see their papers).
Sources are usually not needed but could be any independently modeled sources of voltage (e.g. the Medtronic “Interleaved” setting could be modeled with these or the Boston Scientific settings that could later be modeled with our new model).
So in brief: Currently only monopolar stim is possible but bear with us for just another 2-3 weeks for Lead-DBS 2.0 to come out.
Best, Andy08/31/2017 at 5:03 PM #3261
Thank you Andy! I am looking forward to it! This is a great software, thank you so much.10/06/2017 at 9:22 PM #3529
Thank you for releasing Lead DBS 2.0, very useful updates.
I had a question regarding the output of the simulation of stimulation (example below):
1. Could you briefly explain what all these files are?
2. In order to obtain a binary VTA mask that can be used, which of these files should I use?
Thank you!10/13/2017 at 6:22 PM #3555andreashornKeymaster
vat_efield_right.nii is the efield (values in V/mm)
vat_efield_gauss.nii is a Gaussianized or zscored version of that image (can ignore)
vat_right.nii is a thresholded map at the seceted value in the GUI (0.2 by default).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.