We are happy to announce that LEAD-DBS was awarded with the Max-Rubner-Prize for Innovation and Technology of Stiftung Charité this January. Prize money will be used for further development and deployment of the toolbox.
A short presentation of the DBS-localization toolbox was possible at nsas summer school “The Future of Deep Brain Stimulation” in Cortona, Tuscany, Italy was possible and we gained great feedback for further improving the toolbox here. Many thanks go to the organizers of the workshop at this point. Foto by Tora Bonnevie.
We are happy to announce that the first paper including an analysis with LEAD-DBS is online here
Barow, E., Neumann, W.-J., Brücke, C., Huebl, J., Horn, A., Brown, P., et al. (2014). Deep brain stimulation suppresses pallidal low frequency activity in patients with phasic dystonic movements. Brain : a Journal of Neurology, awu258. doi:10.1093/brain/awu258
- Encoding of sequence boundaries in the subthalamic nucleus of patients with Parkinson’s disease
- Patients with Parkinson’s disease are less affected than healthy Persons by relevant response-unrelated Features in Visual search.
- The response of the subthalamo-pallidal networks of the Basal Ganglia to oscillatory cortical input in Parkinson’s disease.
Today we added some walkthrough-videos to the website. These show the complete reconstruction procedure of the toolbox in seven easy steps.
We are also constantly working on updating the manual and added some screenshots to the site recently. For all other questions, please feel free to use the forum.
- Electrical stimulation of a small brain area reversibly disrupts consciousness.
Claustrum DBS disrupts consciousness.
- Neural Plasticity in Human Brain Connectivity: The Effects of Long Term Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus in Parkinson’s Disease
A case study of STN-DBS where pre- and post-operative DTI fiber-tracking has been performed.
We were able to demonstrate our toolbox live at the poster-presentation of OHBM in Hamburg to interested visitors.
At OHBM Hackathon 2014 @ c-base Berlin, LEAD-DBS was presented to a wider audience for the first time. Together with Tarek Sherif from Montreal, an export function to the web-visualization software Brainbrowser was written, which makes it possible to view localization results on standard web-browsers.
On this website, we will provide you with some information about the LEAD-DBS Matlab toolbox.